When can my driver's license be suspended or revoked?
Driving a car is considered a privilege-- and the State of New Jersey will not hesitate to take it away, if a driver behaves irresponsibly on the road. A State may temporarily suspend your driving privileges for a number of reasons, including:
driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
refusing to take a blood-alcohol test
- driving without liability insurance
- reckless driving
- leaving the scene of an injury accident
- failing to pay a driving-related fine
- failing to answer a traffic summons, or
- failing to file an accident report.